Wednesday 14 December 2011

Final Farewell From Mrs Ridpath :)

My Lovely Seniors,

Last week I accepted a new job working at South New Brighton School. I have wanted to work there since I started teaching 8 years ago. Many of you know that I grew up on that side of town and went to this school myself, and I am looking forward to being part of that community again.
Two weeks ago I had not even thought about leaving Belfast, I hadn’t applied for any other jobs, and seriously saw myself working here for a good number of years yet. I love this school and believe strongly in the quality education delivered here . But when I received a phone call that this job had come up, I knew I had to apply.
I am incredibly sad to be leaving Belfast, and I will always hold this school close to my heart. I have loved every minute, teaching you, working with such great staff and learning from the best (Mr Simpson, Mr Creba, Ms Phillips!). Belfast is a wonderful community and I know that it will continue to grow and lead the way in Education. Next year the senior team will continue to grow and build on a successful year with the introduction of 2 new experienced teachers. They are very looking forward to working in such a creative and hardworking team.
When I reflect on my time here at Belfast, 8 years has flown by. It has been a privilege to teach both at year 3/4 and up here in the senior team. Seeing many changes and developments within our school has helped me to grow and learn as a teacher, and now I know I can take those skills and use them in my new job too.
I want to say a huge thank you to the staff for all the many years of support through this period in my life, I have felt so at home here, respected, valued, and loved.
Thank you to the parents for being honest, for welcoming me into your community and for making me feel like part of an amazing team.
Thank you to all of you - the students. I cannot express how proud I am of you, to have taught you, and to have met you. You have enriched my life in many ways, and I know you have made me a better person because of who you are. Thank you for working hard for me, for supporting me when I have had tough days, and for laughing with me. I really do love you all!
Best Wishes to Sarah Walkinshaw as she moves up to lead the Senior Team.
Do come and give me a hug before Thursday is over! Thank you Belfast School - I will never forget you!
Love from Mrs Ridpath

No comments:

Post a Comment